Resultat 1 till 4 av 4

Ämne: #1 of the Mattisson's 4 children, Maja

Sjoberg

#1 of the Mattisson's 4 children, Maja

Berga, Kronoberg Län 1772-1819 page 151 bilt 84; Jun 4, 1789;
    I'm getting better at interpreting the entries but still have a long way to go and would appreciate your help.
    This entry has two dates. Is the 4th the date of birth and the 7th the date of the christening? The chistening must have been done in the home. Is 'hom dop' the correct words to use?
    What are the names of the town for Sven and Johan?
    Is Maja Johan's wife (hust)?
    Pig Anna D??
    Thanks, Mette

Phryxes avatar
    C-G Magnusson
    Medlemsnr
    1789-JUN-04 (1789-JUN-07) "Gjäshult Norreg[ård]. Maja. Fadr[en]: Anders Mattisson. M[odren]: Ingrid Ericksd[otte]r. Test[es]: Sven i Kronobo, dr[ängen] Johan i Tykatorp, hust[ru] Maja i Gjäsh[ult], pig[an] Anna derstädes." [1]

[1] Berga C:3 (1772-1826) p 151 (AID: v30791.b79.s151, NAD: SE/VALA/00029)

Phryxes avatar
    C-G Magnusson
    Medlemsnr
    Maja and Johan are living at different places, so they are probably not married.

derstädes = ibidem

I don't think there is a word "hemdop". At least not according to SAOB, SAOL or NE. I think they would have said "döpt hemma" (christened at home) if that was the case. The mother wasn't allowed in the church I think, until she was "kyrktagen". I suppose the godmother (or one of the witnesses) carried the child to church.

Sjoberg
    Thank you very much for your reply, C-G Magnusson
    I'm struggling my way through the Swedish language and hope to get much better at it as time goes by.
    In the meantime I'm greatful for your help.
    Mette

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får redigera dina inlägg
  •